Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Attention All Crystal & Nifong Haters!


I was re-reading some of my posts because, well to be honest, I just like the sound of my own voice and my own words even if they are just in my head.

While I was reveling in what a sound foundation I got in expository writing something just jumped out at me.In the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case all you Crystal/Nifong haters were (and still are) frothing at the mouth about the injustices supposedly visited on those Lacrosse guys.  How's this for irony then; we are on the same side of the issue this time.  Here Crystal got the short end of the stick in her trial.  The justice system failed her. She may have eaked out a victory on the first degree arson charge but it was hard fought and her attorney, Mani Dexter, deserves our thanks for her hard work.  The cops lied on the stand in this case.  I'm not just saying that - you can read the transcript of the trial and you will see that one cop said one thing and another directly contradicted the first cop.  One of them was lying!  My money is on "Officer" Tyler as the liar. Judge Jones never met a cop he didn't think was just peachy keen and squeaky clean.  Every time he had a chance he ruled in favor of the prosecution and the police.  He even said "the police are not going to be put on trial".  Why not, if they say something happened then the defense should be able to attack the truth/non-truth of what they said.  

Here's the fun part!  This is what you guys have been saying about Nifong.  You say he lied!  You say he ruined the Lacrosse players by using the power of his office to twist the facts. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?  Howdy, friend!

I just know I'm going to get a flood of emails congratulating Crystal (and her supporters) on her semi-win in this case.  

I can't wait!

Steven MatherlyMOUS

NOTE TO READERS:  NORMALLY I DON'T PUBLISHER STUFF COMING FROM "ANONYMOUS BECAUSE HE WON'T IDENTIFY HIMSELF.  HOWEVER, SINCE I KNOW THAT HE IS REALLY KC WHATHISFACE FROM THE DURHAM-IN-WONDERLAND BLOG  I THOUGHT I'D PUT IT UP.  BESIDES, THERE'S BEEN FAR TOO MUCH REASONABLE THOUGHT ON THIS BLOG RECENTLY I THOUGHT I'D SPICE IT UP A LITTLE! 

KEEP THOSE CARDS AND LETTERS COMING, FOLKS.

STEVEN MATHERLY

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steven,

I attended high school with Crystal Mangum, and I know I speak for many of our classmates when I say how proud I am of Crystal, a Navy veteran and NCCU honors graduate. Please continue your effort not to let others tear her down.

Malek Williams
Hillside H.S.
Class of 1996

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Malek.

Crystal needs to get her good name back. Her dumbass lawyer was more interested in seeing her white face on WRAL news than doing her job. I saw on the internet that Crystal's boy friend said he started the fire. Where was he at the trial?

We've got a good group going at HornetsAlumni.com. Check us out.

Desiree Johnson

Anonymous said...

Steven,

Is there any news you can share with us about our good friend Crystal? Our thoughts and prayers are with her.

Malek Williams
Hillside H.S.
Class of 1996

Anonymous said...

Steven,

Crystal now needs our help more than ever. She is the victim of prejudice by the Durham police, and I am sure she acted in self defense. We must band together and show Crystal our support. Will you lead the way?

Malek Williams
Hillside H.S.
Class of 1996

Anonymous said...

Steven,

Dr. Sidney Harr, an experienced physician, reported at his website that Crystal's boyfriend was killed by someone else while he was in the hospital. I had no doubt from the beginning that Crystal was innocent. We need to act now to prevent an injustice.

Malek Williams
Hillside H.S.
Class of 1996

DeHall said...

Steven -- Just a point of clarification. Dr. Harr did not "report" that someone killed Reginald Daye at DUMC. He outlined a specific scenario, then stated plainly that he does "not know if the...scenario is factual".

Attempts to proclaim Dr. Harr's scenario as a "true report" of this incident is a disservice to Dr. Harr. I'm sure he would agree.

Frankly, patients with penetrating chest trauma are at high risk of traumatic air embolism. This is a fact I am sure Dr. Harr is aware of.