Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Word About Commenting On This Site

I am being inundated by someone or someones who call themselves Anonymous.  They seem to have a lot of information about the Duke Lacrosse Rape case and I welcome their input.  However, they refuse to identify themselves.  I suspect that they have some connection to the young men who were accused in the Lacrosse case.  It seems odd that the moment I start writing about this current case on Democracy Durham I am blasted by this/these guys. So, here's what I'm going to do. Anyone who wants me to publish their comments must use a "handle" that identifies them by name or they must include their name in the body of the comment.  If you do not want your identity put on this blog just tell me so and I won't identify you by name when  I respond.  However, I will identify that you are who you say you are to my satisfaction.  So, keep those cards and letters coming but no more hiding behind a screen name!  If you want a platform to promote your point of view then start your own blog because you're not going to hijack this one!

Steven Matherly
Durham, NC

No comments: